PICSA PNG Group
The PICSA PNG Group of companies is one of the biggest players in the PNG building and construction industry.
Comprising of 19 companies in PNG, the PICSA Group provides a wide range of products specifically for:
- Structural and general steel fabrication
- PVC pipes
Participating in the economy of PNG for the past four decades, the Group has operations in Port Moresby, Lae and Rabaul. It has been a provider of direct employment to many PNG Nationals, employing around 2000 citizens as of July 2015.
Companies amongst those that form the PICSA Group are:
- Barlow Industries - The flagship of the group. Specialists in merchant steel including roofing, guttering, mesh for concrete, rainwater goods, covers for most things and reo bending
- Niugini Steel Corporation (NSC) - A close partner of Barlow industries. Specialists in fabricate steel building to any specifications including zed frame buildings. Merchant steel supplies.
- NSC Freighters - Manufacturers of truck bodies and vehicle trailers as well as providing general engineering services.
- Mesh & Bar Industries – Manufacturers and suppliers of reinforced mesh sheets.
- Readymix Concrete - A growing investment providing a wide range of concrete products and services in Port Moresby and Lae.
- Electrical Wholesalers - Suppliers of all types of wholesale and retail electrical fittings for Industry and general trades.
- Plumbers and Builders (PBS) - A major plumbing and hardware chain supplying to the mining industry, major contractors and the home handyman.
- Pipemakers - Manufacturers and suppliers of poly and PVC pipes. The only PNG company to make poly pipes to Australian standards.
The PICSA PNG Group itself is part of the large, multi-billion dollar global organisation COMCRAFT. COMCRAFT provides continual support to PICSA PNG in strengthening its technology base, building a highly skilled and competent human resource base and in ensuring the group in PNG remains in the forefront of all lines of business it engages in.
PICSA Group has a total investment portfolio of US$70 Million and generates an annual turnover of K200 Million (2014).
The PICSA group is a strong community partner. It prides itself on supporting a strong economy through the supply of goods and services throughout PNG and beyond. It also proudly gives back to the community, supporting national events such as the National Mask and Warwagira Festivals and the annual Sir Anthony Siaguru Walk Against Corruption (SASWAC) in Port Moresby.